IIM Ranchi has successfully completed the Final Placement Session for its MBA and MBA-HRM programmes (2017-19). Having the largest batch size of 244 students (181 and 63 in MBA and MBA-HRM respectively), this year the Institute has witnessed participation from more than 100 companies offering diverse roles in the functional areas of Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations & General Management, IT & Analytics, Strategy & Consulting and Human Resource Management. Following are the highlights:
- The average compensation offered to MBA students stands at INR 14.88 LPA. The highest international compensation offered was INR 58.1 LPA for the MBA batch.
- The average compensation for the MBA-HRM batch is INR 14.52 LPA.
- MBA students were offered coveted roles across various domains of preference, with the highest number of offers being made in Sales & Marketing (32%), followed by IT & Analytics (22%), Finance (20%), Strategy & Consulting (14%) and Operations & General Management (12%).
- This session featured the return of major brands and prominent associations like Accenture, Berger Paints, Bosch, Capgemini, Cognizant, DS Group, Emami, GAIL, Google, ICICI, IBM, HP, JP Morgan Chase, L&T, ONGC, RPG, Samsung R&D, Sony Pictures, Tata Steel, Yes Bank and many more. These companies have reinforced their trust in the Institute’s holistic learning and opened new profiles in various domains.
- There has also been a significant rise in the number of first-time associations, with prestigious organizations like Anand Rathi, Ernst & Young, Flipkart, PeopleStrong, Quikr, Raymond and Yatra, to name a few, offering coveted roles across domains.
The outstanding performance exhibited during the Final Placement Session is a testimony to the patronage and support of key stakeholders of the Institute, including recruiters, members of the Board of Governors, faculty, alumni and staff. Final placement figures also reflect the confidence of students on the continuous efforts of the Placement Committee.