Dance performances, plays, and group songs marked the Annual Day function of Patna Women’s College on Monday. The Governor of Bihar, His Excellency Shri Lalji Tandon, graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
The function on the college ground began at 03:30 pm with the arrival of the Governor. A rendition of the National Anthem was followed by the lighting of the ceremonial lamp. A welcome song was followed by an address by Principal Sister Marie M. Rashmi A.C.
The Principal said that Patna Women’s College has played a significant role in shaping the future of Bihar’s women. “Our students have put our college on the map of India. The world today needs a revolution by women. We impart to our students not just thirst for knowledge but also wisdom to use that knowledge,” she said.
The Governor in his address said that the foundation of a prosperous India is being laid by imparting education to girls. Among these girls are engineers, doctors, teachers, etc., who will lead our country. Today, there is no field where girls are not excelling and it is possible only because of their teachers, schools, colleges, and society as a whole. I am proud to be the Governor of a state where there are institutions like Patna Women’s College which are giving wings to the aspirations of girls.
He gave away the prizes in the honor of former Principals and also the Special prizes.
- Sister M. Benedicta A. Memorial Award to Anuradha Thakur as Premier(outgoing) 2019.
- Sister M. Lucile A.C. Award to Sunita Kumari and Tanya Vats as Indoor sports champion 2018
- Dr. Sister M. Liceria A.C. Award to Niki Kumari as Outdoor sports champion 2018.
- Dr. Sister Margaret Mary A.C. Award to Akansha Singh as Best Stage Artiste 2018.
- Dr. Sister Doris D’Souza A.C. Award to Riddhi Krishna for Best Sportsmanship
- Best NSS Volunteer Unit – I award to Pallavi Mishra.
- Best NSS Volunteer Unit – Il award to Palak Gupta Best NCC Cadet award to Anchal Rai
- Best ECO Task Force member award to Diksha Mishra
- Best AICUFer award to Alma Soren
- Best MVDF Member award to Ritika Kuma
Besides His Excellency Shri Laji Tandon, Prof. Rash Bihari Prasad Singh, Vice Chancellor, P.U.; Colonel Manoj Mishra, Registrar, P.U.; and Sister M. Tanisha Reema A.C., Vice Principal, Patna Women‘s College, graced the occasion as Guests of Honour.
The Vice-Chancellor in his address said that Patna Women’s College has got autonomous status and this is not just the achievement of the college but of the whole university. He expressed his wish that every college of the university received the same status so that the university could focus on the overall development of all students. He expressed hope that Patna University is listed among the top universities of the country by 2022 An impressive gathering of guests, many of them alumnae of the college, teachers, students, and dignitaries sat through the show and applauded the performances.
The function was conducted by Dr. Shefali Roy, Dr. Upasana Singh, Dr. Shahla Rehana, Ankita Sahay, and Shweta Bharti. The programme came to an end with the rendition of the National Anthem.