Staying smart in times of coronavirus pandemic is the right thing by which you can prevent yourself from catching the deadly disease.
With the COVID-19 raging across the country, taking precautions and following COVID guidelines is the best way to stay safe. On Thursday, India clocked over 2 lakh fresh COVID cases, the highest since the outbreak of the pandemic.
Here are the things you can do while you are waiting for your COVID test result
- Stay home and keep away from others if you have symptoms. Also continue to monitor your health
- Start making a list of people you have been in close contact with recently. Tell them you may have been tested for COVID-19 and they should stay away from others until they hear from you.
- If you are tested because you were in contact with someone who has COVID-19, then stay home and away from others even if you do not have symptoms. COVID can take at least 14 days to make you sick, and some people never feel sick.
- Stay away from others, especially people who are at higher risk of getting sick from COVID-19 like old people and others with comorbidities.
- If you are tested for an upcoming medical procedure and you do not have symptoms, then you do not have to stay home while waiting for your COVID test results.
- If you have a fever, cough or other symptoms of COVID-19, then stay home and away from others. Watch for fever, cough, breathlessness, or other symptoms of COVID-19. Remember, symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to COVID-19 and can include loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- If a public health worker calls you, answer the call to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your area.