Conclave on “School Education In 21st Century” Under NEP-2020 addressed by PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a conclave on “School Education in 21st Century” under the National Education Policy-2020 (NEP-2020) via video-conference.
The Ministry of Education has organised the two-day conclave, which started on Thursday, as a part of the “Shiksha Parv”, the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) said in a statement.
The “Shiksha Parv” (education festival) is being celebrated from September 8-25 to felicitate teachers and take the New Education Policy forward.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi’s address on “School Education in 21st Century” under NEP-2020:
- Every region of the world has changed in the last three decades. Every system has changed. There is hardly any aspect of our life in these three decades which is the same as before. But the path on which society moves towards the future, our education system, it was still running on the old pattern.
- The new National Education Policy is also a mean of fulfilling new India, new expectations, new requirements. Behind it is the hard work of the last four-five years, people of every field, every genre, every language have worked on it day and night. But this work is not completed yet.
- Now the real work has started. Now we have to implement the National Education Policy in the same effective manner. And we have to do this work together.
- I am glad that our principals and teachers are enthusiastically participating in this campaign to implement the National Education Policy
- A few days ago, the Ministry of Education had asked teachers across the country for their suggestions on MyGov about implementing the National Education Policy. More than 1.5 million suggestions have been received within a week. These suggestions will help implement the National Education Policy in a more effective way.
- Mathematical Thinking and Scientific Temperament should develop in children, it is very necessary. And Mathematical Thinking does not only mean that children solve Mathematics problems, it’s rather a way of thinking.
- When education is combined with the surrounding environment, it affects the student’s entire life. It also affects the whole society.