Application for supply chain automation internship at Tesla for Fall 2019 session is now open!
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. They design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
While Tesla engineering is known for Autopilot, the most meaningful problems facing the company today stem from the way that they purchase, route, stock, and deliver material to their growing set of Gigafactories and service centers. The Supply Chain Automation team is their “special projects” group exploring these challenges. The diverse team is made of AI advisors, control theorists, operations researchers, Bayesian statisticians, software architects, and full stack engineers.
After analyzing various aspects of the supply chain’s operations, you’d help see opportunities for improvement and drive implementation for automating such process. Areas of focus include TMS development, analytics, process development, and supporting new market launches.
- Engineering interns are working on product discovery, design, web development, hardware testing, 3D modeling, camera networks, and maintenance of cyber physical systems.
- Project Management interns facilitate the deployment of process and systems by working cross functionally to develop ideas and build consensus.
Both areas collaborate on the implementation of these projects through required analysis and software rollouts. You’d experience mentorship and guidance from experts across the entire organization. They make it as a mission to ensure interns get exposure to running big projects.
- The candidates will experience mentorship and guidance from experts across the entire organization.
- Tesla makes it their mission to ensure interns get exposure to running big projects.
- Current Undergraduate, Graduate or PhD student; focus on engineering or PM.
- 3+ internship, project, or work experience related to this area of expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to relocate for the duration of your internship.
- General knowledge of Python, Ruby, Go, Java, Android, React, and/or SQL.
- Experience with Distributed Systems, Micro Systems, Web Development, Computer Vision.
- Having an interest in areas such as Business Analytics, Mechanical Design, Software Design, User Experience, Product Management, Industrial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Data Visualization, Operations Research, and/or Technical Writing.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2019