British Council IELTS Award 2018: British Council is awarding high Calibre individuals with strong motivation in developing their career a study grant worth between £3,000 up to a maximum of £10,000.
The IELTS Award will enable you to study at an undergraduate or postgraduate level anywhere in the world. You can study in any English-taught program in any institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
The award applies only to courses in the 2018–19 academic year (i.e. starting August 2018 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
If, however, the tuition fees of the successful candidate are below the maximum individual award fund of £10,000, remaining funds may be allocated to support other runners-up.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a commitment to networking within the IELTS community and also sharing their experience with other IELTS candidates.
- The British Council IELTS Award is worth between £3,000 up to a maximum of £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution attended by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual’s selected course.
- Tuition fees for studying abroad.
- Chance to study anywhere around the world with the help of the grant.
To be eligible to apply for the IELTS Award 2018 you must:
- be aged 18 years or over on 30 June 2018.
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Germany and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 2 June 2017 and 28 May 2018 issued by the British Council in Germany.
- achieve a minimum overall score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each component of IELTS test.
- be planning to enrol in the 2018–19 academic year (i.e. starting August 2018 onwards) on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a university or other institution of higher education in Germany or abroad, which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list ). Also, the tuition fees of the programme of choice must be a minimum of £3,000.
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by 30 June 2018 at the latest.
Eligible Regions: Open for all