Join our Indonesia writing competition and win a spot for our journalism & biodiversity workshop in Medan, Sumatra, with a chance to win a fully funded fellowship to the UN Biodiversity Summit in Egypt!
They are looking for young journalists from Indonesia who want to make a change by writing about deforestation in their country and how this affects the local biodiversity.
- At least 10 Best Writers will win a fully funded fellowship to attend a workshop in Medan, Sumatra, on our journalism and biodiversity.
- National and international experts will be training you in investigative journalism, photojournalism deforestation and biodiversity issues, giving you the knowledge and tools to turn you into a world-class journalist!
- The best 2 participants of this workshop will even get to attend the international biodiversity negotiations in Egypt, and meet amazing people from everywhere in the world! You cannot miss this chance!
- Indonesian Youth
- They accept applicants that are between 18 and 30 years old, but you are encouraged to apply anyway if you do not meet this requirement (age is just a number anyway).
- Journalist, Young Writer, Any young person who are deeply passionate to write about environment
Eligible Regions: INDONESIA
To join the competition, you have to :
- Write and Publish article/articles about deforestation and biodiversity loss in Indonesia. Your article can be written, but can also consist of photographs, video or any multimedia.
- After that, you need to publish your article in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc.
- For online-based media, once your article is published, you have to submit the link of your publication through the Apply Now link. It is suggested to register using laptop/pc/notebook)
- For printed-based media, once your article is published, you have to scan the proof of your publication through the Apply Now link. It is suggested to register using laptop/pc/notebook)
The Deadline to submit your publication link is May 15th 2018, 12 PM ( UTC +7 )
Application Deadline: May 15, 2018