Foundation for Environmental Education, in association with Centre for Environment Education and Mobius Foundation, is looking to recruit four Young Reporters to participate in the International Conference on Sustainability Education (ICSE) which will be taking place at the India Habitat Centre from 9-10 September in New Delhi, India.
International Conference on Sustainability Education will provide a global platform to national and international dignitaries to discuss the need of incorporation of Education for Sustainability (ESD), Climate Change Education (CCE) and Environmental Education (EE) in the current course curriculum.
It aims to develop recommendations for active integration of ESD, CCE and EE in the current curriculum followed in India to raise the next generation into a responsible citizen who lives by example.
The program will bring experts, international leaders, practitioners, and educators around the globe who will not only share their knowledge but bring forth best practices already being carried around the Globe and in India.
The first of its kind conference will be organized in New Delhi, India on 09-10 September, 2019.
Responsibilities as a Young Reporter for the Environment (YRE):
The four Young Reporters are expected to actively participate in the different sessions of the conference and to report on specific topics related to Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) by attending sessions and conducting interviews with delegates. This journalistic report can be in the form of an article or a short video (max 3 minutes) which will be published on YRE’s Exposure page. The students are also asked to make daily posts on YRE International’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
Important: It is recommended to submit applications as early as possible as there are very few spots available for registration.
The following will be covered:
- Travel and visa costs (if applicable)
- Accommodation and meals in New Delhi (9-10 September 2019)
- Entry fee of the conference
- Travel insurance
The candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age between 18-25 (the person needs to be 18 years old on the day of the conference) and have a valid passport
- From either China, India, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, or South Korea (two applicants will be chosen from India and two from remaining countries)
- Involved in the YRE programme
- Can travel alone to New Delhi, India on the required dates
- Good proven skills as a young reporter
- Excellent English skills (both spoken and written)
- Interested in journalistic types of work
- Interested in themes related to ESD, sustainable development and environmental education
Eligible Regions: China, India, Malaysia, Mongolia, Singapore, and South Korea
To apply as a Young Reporter for this conference, please send the following documents to the International YRE Coordinator Kristina Madsen (email@example.com) no later than 30 June 2019:
- A brief letter of motivation (max. ½ page in A4)
- A CV (max. 2 pages in A4)
- Sample of work previously produced – articles or videos related to the theme of Education for Sustainable Development, SDGs, Environment, etc.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019