McKinsey Women Achievement Award 2020 (Win $2,500 Prize Money)
McKinsey is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is passionate about developing leaders. They invite you to apply to the McKinsey Women Achievement Award and help them recognize and support talented women.
During the application process, you will be asked to complete a short online form and select up to two offices you have a connection to and/or interest in. It can be a location where you have lived or where you speak the local language. Their colleagues in this office will review your application and match you with a McKinsey mentor. If you are interested in applying for an internship or full-time role at McKinsey, They suggest choosing an office in a location where you’d like to work.
The McKinsey Women Achievement Award is sponsored by their offices in Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and Vietnam, as well as our functional practices: Digital, Implementation, Risk, and Operations.
McKinsey & Company is an American management consulting firm. McKinsey has published the McKinsey Quarterly since 1964, funds the McKinsey Global Institute research organization, publishes reports on management topics, and has authored influential books on management.
- $2,500 as an award to the recipient.
- 6 months long mentoring by McKinsey professionals.
To be eligible to apply for the award, you should:
- self-identify as a woman
- be a current student working towards a graduate or undergraduate degree OR a working professional with fewer than 5 years of work experience
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Apply through the given link and before submitting your application, please do make sure you have uploaded all the relevant attachments – they will not be able to process your application without the CV, essay, and transcripts as requested.
- Your CV in English (1-2 pages max) listing most recent education information, including grades, and confirmed future education plans, including anticipated start and graduation dates. Your CV should include work experience, including part-time jobs and volunteer roles, as well as extracurricular activities and achievements.
- A brief essay (250 words or fewer) about your proudest or most interesting personal achievement. Please include the obstacles you overcame to reach this achievement and why it is important to you.
- Academic transcripts depending on office selection:
- Offices in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden require academic transcripts from high school onward
- Offices in Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Russia, Spain, Switzerland require university transcripts
- For other offices, academic transcripts are not required, but please include your relevant grades on your CV
Application Deadline: June 8, 2020