The goal of Microsoft Research Montreal is to achieve Artificial General Intelligence by teaching machines to think, reason and communicate like humans. Microsoft is an early leader in using deep and reinforcement learning to solve language-understanding problems and in training machines to model the decision-making capabilities of the human brain. Based in the global AI hub of Montréal, their team consists of experts in their respective fields.
The goal of the reinforcement learning group at Microsoft Research Montreal is to develop theoretically grounded methods and techniques to improve the scalability of RL, with the aim of applying it in real products, such as dialogue management and intelligent bots. As a member of the RL team, you will play an important role in making this ambitious goal a reality. Working closely together with other team members, and supported by a group of skilled engineers, you will take part on conceiving, implementing and testing new ideas that can revolutionize the way we interact with machines.
- Engage in team collaborations and work towards the research goals of the project
- Develop and implement research ideas related to the project
- Actively participate in project meetings and report and present research findings
- Bachelors, masters or equivalent degree in machine learning, optimization, or a related technical field
- Hands-on experience with reinforcement learning and/or deep learning
- Strong communication skills
- (Desired) Papers in peer-reviewed conferences, demonstrating your experience
- Hands on experience with Python
- (Desired) Hands on experience with one of the following tools: CNTK, Theano, Tensorflow, PyTorch, or a similar toolkit.
Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation, Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your need.
Apply online through link given below.