Applications are open to speak at UNGA President’s High-level Meeting on”Financing for SDGs — Breaking the Bottlenecks of Investment, from Policy to Impact”. On 11 June 2018, the President of the UN General Assembly will convene a one-day high-level meeting to address the challenges and bottlenecks that block the private investment towards SDG sectors and elaborate the role of the UN in strengthening public-private partnerships.
The meeting will also provide an opportunity for relevant actors to showcase and share best practices of scaling up investment in SDG sectors. The meeting will comprise an opening segment, presentations and four panel discussions. It will be closed with panel reports and a short closing ceremony.
- For selected respondents, travel funding will be available from the UN to support the participation of the selected stakeholder respondents in this meeting.
- The selected respondents will need to make their own visa arrangements, if needed for travel to the US, and cover the cost of the visa.
Candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Is a representative of a stakeholder organization that has had a long-term programmatic focus on issues to be addressed in this event.
- Has demonstrated the ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Is available to be in UNGA New York on 11 June 2018.
- Has a visa for travel to New York, or is able to obtain one for travel to New York without assistance from the UN. Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in the candidate’s country or place of residence.
UN-NGLS will facilitate a stakeholder Selection Committee for the evaluation and short-listing of the candidates for the respondent speaking roles to be presented to OPGA for their consideration. The Committee will ensure regional and gender balance, and diversity of constituency and expertise in the overall set of candidates. The President of the General Assembly will make the final selection of the respondents for this event.
Deadline: May 11, 2018
Apply for respondent speaking roles or to attend the event using the form below.
For more opportunities, check out Youth Mauka!