Tata Social Enterprise Challenge
The Tata Social Enterprise challenge is a joint initiative of the Tata Group with the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM-C) started in 2012. The Challenge endeavours to find India’s most promising early stage social enterprises, and create an ecosystem for social entrepreneurship – encouraging sustainable, scalable and measurable social Impact.
- The top 3 winners of the competition will win cash grants up to 2 lakhs,each, to be invested in their ventures.
- The teams which make it to the grand finale will be given an opportunity to pitch for incubation at IIM Calcutta.
- All teams shortlisted for the semi-finals and finals will have an opportunity to pitch to India’s largest social VCs for seed funding.
- 3 week mentorship support provided to all short-listed teams leading up to a two-day residential mentorship program on IIMC campus.
- The Business plan contest (B-Plan Contest) invites social entrepreneurs who have an early stage venture (not older than three years) or a promising idea with a plan that could create sustainable social impact in India. In addition, the enterprise is required to demonstrate significant social impact through results or proof of concept.
- The team can be represented in the competition by a maximum of two members
- There is no restriction on the age or background for applicants
- If the submission is an idea, a proof of concept (E.g. prototype) is required.
- If the submission is a venture, the venture must not have been in existence for more than three years
- The entries received will be recognized by the “name” of the venture/idea
- The applicants may or may not be Indian Nationals, however, the social venture should be aimed at creating social impact in India.
- Enterprises that were selected as Semi-finalists in previous year’s Tata Social Enterprise challenge will not be eligible for selection
- Business plans for the competition will be invited for all sectors including the following focus areas : Agriculture, Food and Dairy ,Healthcare, Water and Sanitation ,Technology and Development, Education,Housing, Handicrafts, Energy, Microfinance/Financial Inclusion
Eligible Regions: India
The applicants have to apply for this opportunity by filling up an online form.
Application Deadline: 30 th SEPTEMBER 2018
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://contest.iimcip.org/” text=”Apply Now” window=”new” ] [maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://www.tatasechallenge.org/” text=”Official Link” window=”new” ]