The International Children’s Peace Prize 2022
Grab your chance to nominate fellow changemakers who are doing amazing activities or get yourself nominated by an adult! Nominations are open here.
The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to a child who fights courageously for children’s rights. The prize was launched by KidsRights during the 2005 World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates at the Capitol in Rome, chaired by Mikhail Gorbachev. Since then, the prize has been presented every year by a Nobel Peace Laureate. The International Children’s Peace Prize is an initiative of Marc Dullaert, Chairman and Founder of the KidsRights Foundation.
- The “Nkosi” statuette which depicts a child that sets the world in motion
- A study and care grant to enable the child to obtain an education
- A project fund of € 100.000, which is invested by KidsRights in relevant children’s rights projects that are closely connected to the winner’s area of work.
- In addition, winning the International Children’s Peace Prize gives the winner a global platform to promote their work. For example, the message of Nav and Vhiaan, the winner of 2021, reached 3.5 billion people all over the world!
The nomination requirements are the following:
- Any person above the age of 18 or an organization can nominate a child
- The child must be between the age of 12 and 17 by the time of the nomination deadline
- The child can be from any country in the world
- The child must have a demonstrable history of standing up and fighting for the rights of children, including himself or herself
- The child needs to be able to travel abroad and feel comfortable communicating with other people
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize
Eligible Regions: Open For All
The powerful and heartening stories of all the nominees will be posted on their website, and some of them will also be posted on their social media platforms (with the authorization of the parents/guardians). This way, they aim to create a buzz for children’s rights and to inspire as many people as possible!
- Download the nomination form from the Apply Now link.
- Complete the form.
- For more details, please visit the Apply Now link.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2022