UNESCO Sport and the SDGs Youth Funshop 2019 in South Korea
The UNESCO Sport and the SDGs Youth Funshop is back! Apply now to participate in the 2019 UNESCO Sport and the SDGs Youth “Funshop” in Seoul on 5 – 8 September!
The 2019 Funshop will be generously supported and hosted by the Lee Seung-Yuop Baseball Foundation, established by Mr Lee Seung-Yuop, the much adored Korean baseball hall-of-fame champion.
Overview of the event:
The use of sports to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) is gaining momentum globally. UNESCO is the lead UN agency mandated to protect and promote sport and is dedicated to advancing the contribution of sport to sustainable development and peace. Therefore, UNESCO is searching for young leaders from Asia and the Pacific to participate in the 2019 Sport & the SDGs youth FUNSHOP: a three-day event specially designed to advance the capabilities of youth activists who are using sport as a tool for sustainable development and peace. Participants in the Funshop will have the opportunity to become members of the UNESCO Youth and Sport Task Force, a vibrant network of young leaders established in November 2017 following the first Sport Funshop held in Manila, Philippines.
Sixty outstanding young leaders from various countries around Asia-Pacific will join the Korean youth to participate in intensive workshops, sport activities and networking events over three days in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
The selected applicants will be the primary Funshop participants and are expected to contribute to all the activities. This includes the core breakout sessions focused on gathering youth perspectives on issues and opportunities that shape the sport for development sector.
Aligned with UNESCO’s Operational Strategy on Youth 2014-2021, the priorities and specific thematic topics to be covered will be decided by the current Task Force members, together with UNESCO.
- Deadline for the application – June 1,2019
- Decision by – June 15,2019
- Event Dates – September 5-8,2019
UNESCO will cover the following
- Return flights to Seoul from the capital city of the applicant’s country
- Accommodation and meals during the 3-day event
- Local transportation in Seoul to the event venue
In addition to the facilities listed above, participants in the Funshop will also have the opportunity to become members of the UNESCO Youth and Sport Task Force.
The applicant must fulfill the following requirements –
- Aged between 18 – 30 years (as of 31 December 2019)
- Leading or playing an active role in a sports-based social project
- Resident in an Asia-Pacific country (see complete list from the official website)
Eligible Regions: Asia-Pacific
The applicant is required to submit the following documents while applying –
- The ‘Application Form’ duly filled from the Apply Now link.
- A complete CV
- A link to your sports-based social enterprise (website, social media platform)
- Your passport or other official government-issued ID (such as driver’s license)
- A report summarizing your sports-based development activities
- Links to any talks, news articles or advocacy material for you and your work
The last two are regarded optional but highly appreciated. More detailed info can be found in the official website.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2019
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.youthandsport.org/call-for-applications” text=”Apply Now” ] [maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.youthandsport.org/single-post/2019/03/17/Call-for-Applications-Young-leaders-using-sport-as-a-tool-for-positive-social-change” text=”Official Link” ]