UNFPA is hosting an Asia-Pacific Regional Youth Video Competition that will further recognize the key role of young people in tackling issues on SRHR and CSE. These videos will act as advocacy and raise awareness to further strengthen policies and programmes of SRHR and CSE in the region. Furthermore, it enables them to showcase their solutions and inspire others.
- An award value of USD 3000 will be provided.
- A round-trip travel to attend the share-a-thon in Bangkok, Thailand in November 2018.
- There will be an opportunity to work with the UNFPA Asia-pacific regional office with videos, articles and social media covering highlights of the meeting.
- There is no entry fee.
- Must be 18-30 years of age.
- Must be from eligible countries.
- The video submissions can be short films, documentaries and animation and must focus on the Asia-Pacific region at any level.
- Productions will be accepted in English, or in the original or native language is accompanied by subtitles in English
- Length of productions can be up to 3 minutes and will have to be professionally made according to broadcast standards.
- Only one video clip can be submitted per individual.
- The video clip should be supported by a document file containing the script, title, location, and the producer’s name in English.
- Only high-resolution videos (minimal resolution of 720p), with good sound quality, will be accepted.
- The competition will not accept films produced by governments or development actors publicizing a specific project.
- The video should be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy, publicity, or any other proprietary rights of a person or entity.
- Music or audio must be license free or license must be acquired to use it.
- The entrant retains copyright of the film/s and product/s submitted but agrees that UNFPA can use the film/s and product/s in perpetuity across multiple platforms, including websites, social media and any other platforms that currently exist or may be developed in the future
- The film must not feature or depict any specific commercial products, processes, services, and political views.
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pacific Island Countries, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam.
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018