OpenAI brings Canva plugin to ChatGPT: Here’s how to use
- 04 Sep, 2023
OpenAI has introduced a Canva plugin for its popular chatbot – ChatGPT. The plug-in is available for download on the ‘ChatGPT plugin store’ and lets users create any visuals like logos, banners and more. While users could use Canva with ChatGPT, the process was a bit complicated and required users to go through a lengthy process. But with the recently introduced Canva plugin, users can generate stunning visuals in a few clicks. Here’s how to setup and use the Canva ChatGPT plugin.
1. To integrate Canva with ChatGPT, open the AI-powered chatbot on your browser and under the plugin section, scroll down and find the ‘Plugin Store’.
2. Now, search and install the Canva plugin. Once done, head over to ChatGPT’s main window and choose ‘Canva’ from the plugin section.
3. In the chatbot’s prompt box, describe what you want to generate and wait for a few seconds. For example, you can ask ChatGPT to create a banner with a prompt like ‘I am a smartphone enthusiast active on Facebook. Create a banner for the same.’
4. From the list of visuals generated by ChatGPT, choose one that you like and click on the link above it.
5. You will now be taken to Canva, where you can edit and download the AI-generated visual by tapping on the ‘Share’ button and choosing the ‘Download’ option.
Currently, plugins are only available to ChatGPT Plus subscribers, which costs $20 (approx Rs 1,650) per month. The premium subscription lets users make use of the updated GPT-4 large language model which the company says can assist in creating long-form content and accept images as input.